The Biggest Weapon Against Pest Control Problems: Prevention
Adopting solutions to control pest issues before they begin/escalate as well as subsequent humane control can ensure your pest control problems are few. Preventative measures including filling cracks in buildings, erecting fences and keeping potential ‘pest infestation sites’ clean, sanitary and free from food products to reduce potential wildlife issues.
Prevention is key to ensuring effective pest control in Whistler. Preparing your home prior to an animal invasion is the best way to avoid damage and inconveniences. Awesome Possum offers Whistler pest control assessments and guaranteed prevention solutions.
Whistler Pest Control Prevention Tips:
- Ensure you have a secure/bear-proof garbage container
- Never leave garbage outside
- Do not apply bone meal or fish fertilizer to your gardens
- Harvest gardens and fruit from trees when ripe; do not allow fruit to accumulate on the ground
- Take down bird-feeders from mid-March to November and regularly clean seed debris when in use
- Keep yards clear of unnecessary structures, leaning debris against a house, even out of season sports equipment such as kayaks offers a place to nest